Children of all ages are welcome to join their families during our worship service. However, loving childcare is available in the nursery during Sunday morning worship for children younger than five. The nursery is staffed by two childcare workers and opens at 9:45 a.m. for Sunday School, continuing through the conclusion of worship around noon. During the Sunday School-hour (9:45 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.), children should attend their age-appropriate Sunday School class.
Please note: It is a privilege to care for your children during Sunday School and worship activities. In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, parents must sign in and sign out their children in the nursery. Additionally, each parent should complete a nursery information card for each child using the nursery. This is part of our commitment to honor and compliance with the UMC Safe Sanctuaries policy.
Oconee Street United Methodist Church adheres to the denominational and conference requirements of a Safe Sanctuaries Plan. God calls us to make our churches safe places, protecting children and other vulnerable persons from abuse and creating communities of faith where children and adults grow safe and strong. Our commitment includes:
- There will be two adults present in the nursery and windows in the doors of each classroom for children and youth.
- Children, five and younger, will be signed in and signed out of the nursery/classrooms by designated family members.
- There is advance notice given and permission by parents for any trips outside of the building.
- Each childcare worker will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
- An emergency contact sheet will be present in each child’s classroom.
- Childcare workers, Sunday School teachers and adult volunteers will immediately report any behavior that seems abusive or inappropriate to the pastor.